Friday, January 2, 2009

hundredth!

Post ke-100! Apakah keistimewaan yang perlu di..---

Okay, enough Malay for one post. Honestly, I got stuck:P (Please do not scream at me>_<)

100th Post! And what specialness shall shower this one post? I was planning to write the hundredth post YESTERDAY on first of January 2009 BUT it seemed to have unconsciously slipped my mind THUS today would have to make do.

Resolutions should not only stick to being an annual feat but rather assessed continuously. I know, i know. But, perhaps it's satisfying to know that at least you are putting in an effort to improve yourself.. in a way. So, official resolutions:

1. Improving in my public speaking. Yes, I would dealthy cringe at this very own suicidal resolution. BUT I have a strong reason for it now. I am planning to abolish 36-hour medical on-calls in Malaysian hospital by the time I reach housemanship (InsyaAllah in about 4-5 years). Sounds impossible? Perhaps. But I really do want that to be done at least for other doctors if I may not be able to be on time for my housemanship. 36 hours nonstop is like killing yourself. There are too many setbacks for this 36-hour issue which I shall perhaps post in another post. But it includes doctors making huge mistakes because they're so sleepy. Or deciding irrationally because of their lack of fresh minds. In UK, the maximum hours is 12. Since it is the minimum chance I would be able to do my housemanship there, I might as well change things here. How does public speaking relate to abolishing? Public speaking includes persuading, convincing, informing and many more.

2. Speak more Malay. Or lessen my language loathing. How ironic since I stopped mid sentence up there. Written Malay and spoken malay is different ok! So spoken Malay it is:) And how is this done? Perhaps speak in Malay to those who speak in malay with me. Since I tend to reply in English regardless what lingo people converse with me. Whether they understand or not, usually I don't really mind. As long as I spoke English. And as long as it did not sound funny. But yes2, Malay it is now.

3. Increase EI. ie emotional intelligence. Develop soft skills. This and the like.

Ah well. Three worthy resolutions to be written. The rest are rather personally tucked away and shall be revealed perhaps... periodically..

100th post may be rewritten:)

No comments: