Throughout my almost 19 years of living, nicknames have been cropping up here and there. I've always been called Alia and very seldom do people call me Nadhirah; except my eldest brother and occasionally my dad. In my college now and since high school, there have been a number of 'Alia's and so when I wanted to enter first year mbbs, I thought of switching my name to Nadhirah. But I guess it was a bit too lengthy and people were stuck associating me with the name "Alia". I didn't exactly respond very well to the name Nadhirah. So Alia stuck.
I got the most nicknames in high school. Who wouldn't have? It was probably the craziest time of my life. So, gathering the nicknames together, I have decided that there are two categories of nicknames:
1. Nicknames associated with your real name:
Of course Nicknamer Iman gave me the most- ranging from Ally, Als to "door banger" and "the swallower" (on account that they PERCEIVE I'm a fast eater and apparently don't chew on my food..). Caaliya is what Fuddy calls me; solely because Siraj was trying to spell my name as Kak Alia and she saw the misspelling... and it stuck. Sharaf calls me Nad. Nurul gave me McAlister (I think) and up to one point "Kuachi" because she was named Dodol and Rasya was named Sotong because of some triad thing; but most of the time I'm Nunu's darling hunny bear sayang or "anakku". Nabil calls me Dira- as in from Nadhirah. Aki calls me Eli sometimes and when you put the two names together, it comes out as Eliaki which sounds like Teriyaki and makes me hungry for sushi.
2. Variations completely unassociated with your name:
Najah dubbed me M16 mascot. Anas calls me Shishou (which means "master" in japanese)- referring to drawing and arts.
And now, the latest: DMMGM. Syafiqah Shuhel's short form of my nickname "Drawing Mind Map Genius... something" (I think the last M is for Master- but then it wouldn't be making such sense).
Awesome are they not?
If you don't have a nickname, get one now. They bring sweet memories and make you laugh at how varied your name can be.
What's your nickname?:)
3 comments:
Fatty, Toad, Grump Head, Bulldozer and Sumo! :D, I'm not joking.
ehh-maan. yes, that is my name.
by those who love to annoy me: fafan...
by those of my college pals: KIRA (long story as to how i got this nickname tho xD)
~ushouldknowmebynow. lol~
Post a Comment