Monday, December 21, 2009

I played

Ahh so many things to write about. Finally got my hands on my laptop.

Today we finally played the match after it was postponed twice.

After the match, I sat down on the bench. All so full of myself.

A teammate walking by the court shouted: Alia! Menang ke tak?

I shouted back all gleefully: I played!

So here's a lesson in sportsmanship. It doesn't matter whether you win or lose. What matters is that you turn up so that your house doesn't get automatically disqualified and you look like a non-spirited participant.

But yes, I did not win.

Neither did I lose. Because it's so exhilarating just being there on the court. I know the situation I was playing in. I won because I know I did my best.

Ooh I'm so proud of myself:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeahooo!!

Proud of u too nadhirah!!

:D

SZ said...

That's exactly how I feel whenever I got to go down down and play. It's the greatest feeling ever, thanks for reminding me :) I used to play basketball, haven't played it for a while now. Maybe I should start again. What did you play? Anyways, good job Alia! That's awesome!

ayah said...

Playing is bigger than winning. Keep playing