Friday, February 13, 2009

Week Summary Part 2

FRIDAY
Final rat dissection. Of the circulatory system. The toughest because we had to identify the blood vessels. I accidentally cut one of the vessels so it started bleeding near the heart and there was a pool of blood which didn't stop bleeding. We had to... wait until the heart stopped beating and then cut the heart out and slice it in half... and show to the instructor which side is the left and which is the right. Photos of which i will not put up since it may be too gruesomely gory. It sounds inhumane and I felt really sorry for the rat; or rather Mary. Because Kaktqa named it Mary. Don't ask why.

In the afternoon we had an impromptu presentation; Mr Eric gave us 20 mins to prepare, 5 mins to present. Our group didn't have a representative so when it was our turn, he called out "calling for presentation on renal cortex". And nobody stood up so I stood up to stall for time. But then I should have known better because I ended up presenting about it anyways. Mineralocorticoids and Glucocorticoids; I wasn't 100% sure what I was presenting. I mean, i read about it and everything but I didn't have any indepth knowledge about it. and I was really2 hoping Mr Eric wouldn't ask any questions. I was shaking at the front and but like kaktqa says, just bidan terjun. Sat down after presenting and started getting tearful because i hate hate hate presenting something I'm not entirely prepared about. Because how can i convince someone something I'm not sure about either??? Kaktqa and Najah had to hold my hands since I was shaking and my hands were really cold.

After all the presentations, Mr Eric came up to the front and he said; the presentations were messy and not really clear. But; "the only survivor is Alia's Group; because the presenter talked like she knew everything. You have to speak with confidence and really know what you're talking about." So we got one mark extra for bio. And I felt like laughing and crying.

Oh life is so intriguing:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toastmasters hv rly helped u a lot huh? btw, i like spontaneous speeches or presentation as it genuinely tests our general Knowledge and real ability to speak n face the audience. Kalau prepare dulu it looks like u r acting up front. so susah nk jadikannye natural.

when u hv to do an impromptu presentation.. at times u hv to lie to d audience. i mean even though u are not rly sure bour wat u r presenting bt u hv to ACT like u KNOW evrtytin. U gotta convince ppl so that the buy ur words. That is what is important. i bet u knw it alrdy kn? juz sharing it wt others also. hehe=P

Alia Nadhirah said...

lol oh yes, i know. It's called flinging it aka bantai:P

There's this technique I found out. While you're presenting at the front, if u don't know something or u forgot, u just ask the audience so it LOOKS like u know and you're testing them. And sooner or later, you'll remember it too:P

Oh well, im on my way on polishing my impromptu speeches; and the only way is to DO the impromptu speeches:)And im trying to learn as many things too just in case Im asked to give an impromptu speech. They scare me the most:| for now that is...

Thanks for your reminders though:) Remember them, I shall^^