Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Reading

Last year, my dad began this Reading Awareness Campaign thing where we sort of compete with each other. We have to see how much books we read and the one who reads the most books would win a really cool prize. Hehe.

I started my reading marathon this morning and started on some Seerah Books which have been lying on my table since last month because I've been telling myself to look through them to get a hang of IRC Exam.

I read something interesting... The Prophet was named Muhammad which means the Praised One.. And the Quraisy one day were ridiculing the Prophet by calling him "Mudhammam" which means the Disliked One. The Prophet was not bothered by this at all and was completely patient. The Sahabah asked Why do you let the Kuffar abuse you and call you Mudhammam? You are always so patient and give them no reply."
The Prophet smiled and gave an amazing reply; "Why should I feel angry toward them and reply to them? See how Allah turns away all their swearing and curses from me to someone called Mudhammam? My name is Muhammad."

So I realized that if people start calling names to someone, that's not their name and they shouldn't feel offended.

People say things whether it is true or not. It's your decision whether you want to believe it or not:)

~nadhirah
two twenty one post meridiem
twenty seventh november two thousand and seven

No comments: