Monday, November 26, 2007

My First

I think I can safely admit that this is the best day of the year:) Today i turn 17.

I've been thinking of starting a blog because some people have been asking me to write. Its good to write down thoughts to sort them out and also to enhance writing skills. I love creative writing. Though i have a lot to improve in. And i guess the reason i've been putting off starting a blog is because I'm afraid that my writing would be criticized or some time from now, I would wouldn't be able to reread what i write. Just like the poems i used to write years ago... And i guess i compare myself to other people so much. When i read my senior's blogs or someone else's inspiring blog, i feel that there's no reason for me to write. Hmm.. I guess everyone starts somewhere...
But starting something new... or facing a change isn't that easy... I just gotta start getting used to it because I'm gonna be facing lots of new changes. >_< One of the skills i decided i want to acquire would be good writing skills. Better start now.

Anyways, back to the Best Day of the Year:P Last night at 1140pm my lil brothers came into my room and sang me the "Happy Birthday in 20 minutes" song. It's just so adorable. They even had a little dance routine to it. They had to do it a few times since they started laughing so badly. On the 2nd last attempt, my dad came out asking what's all the ruckus and pandemonium about. But in the end, it all worked it and it was soo adorable:)

Oh well after that i opened some gifts and letters i got beforehand (but i wasnt able to open it til 12am) ahaha. And there was this big surprise. That morning, actually we had a farewell gathering and my dad secretly brought a card and asked my classmates to sign it. My family also signed a card. And i guess i was so happy, i was crying and everything due to all the emotions... ahaha. And my brothers who were all there was like laughing. Siraj was like "Kak Alia's crying?" and ahmad was like "lol dont need to get so emotional". Ahahaha. I cried some more when i read Aki's letter. It was so sweet. Mayb I'll write more about it later because it really does take one whole post. My usual birthday present request is a letter. So i got a few.. and hopefully some more later on!:D Wheee>_<

Ahmad said "I've never cried of happiness before. Cherish your friends."

So yeah... that's been MY birthday. and the 2nd time i remember crying out of Joy^^

Not too bad for the start of my blog:)

~nadhirah
twelve twenty seven post meridiem
twenty sixth november two thousand and seven

No comments: