Saturday, February 4, 2012

Drawer's Block.

Today I got stuck while designing. I'd have to say the most difficult thing to design is a logo. You want to make it look as eye-catching as possible in the most smartest way and make people do a double-take when they look at it and say, "Wow, that's something."

The process of designing goes something like this for me:
  1. A client orders something. They give all the details and I ask further questions and that settles it.
  2. The ideation process begins. I go on art sites, google images and creative websites to search for ideas. This process normally take a few days. I start doodling on paper but never fully because I get tired and straight away start on Illustrator (this is where my mistake is. You're supposed to finish drafting on paper; else you'd be wasting a lot of time on Illustrator. But I get too impatient).
  3. I draw something once. Then I re-draw it a bit differently. Then look at it from another angle. Change a few fonts here and there. Revamp the whole thing. Ditch it to the side. Start on a new paper. It goes on and on until the work gets something relatively to how I imagined it.

This is what my Illustrator workspace look like when designing something:


When I look at an artwork, I look at it once and say "Wow." A few seconds... and then move on to something else. I forget that someone could have spent hours and hours on something that might have looked simple. This alone took me 5-6 hours.

Well, it makes me appreciate artworks more:)

Felt like ranting because I couldn't find inspiration to make it look better than how it turned out:P

2 comments:

Aneesah said...

I like Design 1 the best. :D (In case my opinion matters. :P)

But heyyy Brunotts is famous kat UK. :) Next to Malaysian Notts Games, that is. :D

Praying that all goes well for you & your work inshaAllah!

Ummi said...

"Drawer's block" or "Artist's Block"? (^_^)