I came across an extremely inspiring trailer (a definite MUST watch!) regarding Charity: Water. It all started when the founder asked his friends to donate $20 for his 31st birthday for the cause of providing clean water for people in Kenya. The Kenyans previously had to walk HOURS to get clean water; and even then, the water were still dirty. Now? They managed to drill wells and provide clean drinking water for over hundreds and thousands of people! Isn't that amazing?:D
And so, "Twenties for Smileys" started:) With only 5 days left, I decided that I would want my birthday to make a difference. I'm going to be turning 20 on Friday, 26th November. I'd like to ask you to consider donating RM 20 (on my 20th birthday) whereby 100% will go to the Smile Train, an organization dedicated to providing free cleft surgeries for children in rural and poor places.
One cleft surgery costs RM 840. Previously, I had raised for medications of a surgery. In a second project, I raised funds enough for 2 surgeries. This time, I'm aiming for 5 surgeries:) It will really be the coolest and most awesome thing ever if this can make kids smile; and not just them but their parents and families too!
So, if you'd like, you can 1) donate to my MAYBANK 162674045935 or by cash if you meet me:)
and 2) I would be most grateful if you can share about this cause by posting this link on your Facebook or Twitter. This can tell more people about clefts and perhaps spark someone to raise funds with their birthdays too:)
The Smile Train: Changing the World One Smile At A Time:)

3 comments:
Happy Birthday ~! :D
hi, alia i am poh ling from first year mbbs. May i know how u get to know about this cause and if i wanna join the cause, can i do so?
Coz i was thinking maybe i can ask my family and friends to contribute too if i can know more on this.
I really wish to have a talk with u if it is possible to know more about this cause. Thank you... hope to hear from u.
It's so amazing of you to involve in such a good cause...this is so inspiring. Hope can be like u one day
Post a Comment