Wake up in the morning and head to the kitchen. Take out a plate, and four pieces of bread. Toast two of them. Take out the chicken and roasted chicken salami, mayonnaise, chili sauce and some salad. Fry an egg. Slap the salamis, mayonnaise, chili sauce, salad and egg in between four pieces of bread. Cut in half. Serve. To them.
When I went upstairs and offered half the sandwich to Ahmad on a plate, he was still in bed. I knocked the door gently and said, "Angah, I made you a sandwich. It has salami, mayonnaise, sauce, salad and egg inside." He blinked a few times, sat up, took the plate and stared at me.
I went into the next room, knocked on the door and found my eldest brother inside.
Me: Along, are you hungry?
Along: Uhh not really...
Me: Okay well, I made a sandwich for you with *such such such* contents.
Along: *stared suspiciously and paused for a while* Why?
Me: *shrugged* I dunno. I feel like expressing some kind of appreciation.
Along: What appreciation?
Me: I don't know. I just feel like making a sandwich but I'm fasting.
Why can't they just accept when we want to do something nice? haha.
I went back to Ahmad's room where he had finished half his sandwich already. I sat next to him as he munched slowly. Then he suddenly laid back on bed and got up quickly again. I was really wondering what's wrong with him until he said, "I'm trying to wake up from this dream." (like it must be some kind of a dream that Alia is making a sandwich for breakfast). And after a pause, he questioned, "Alia, are you sure you're alright?"
My mom came in at that moment and seeing the rarity of Ahmad eating in bed, felt his forehead and asked full of concern, "Are you having a fever?"
And Ahmad said: "I think Alia's having a fever."
I smirked: "Alright, just blame the hormones."
And he said, "Well, keep these hormones please."
For some reason this morning I woke up with energized spirit and extremely motivated. I told myself I'm going to complete a lot of work (which I have long procrastinated).
But what actually suddenly came to mind was the words of my dad at the recent family gathering. We were having a conversation during the reunion and he said: "Yknow Alia, we always work so hard to help and please other people, our friends and the society. But how come we don't do the same for our families? In fact, they should come first."
And that is why, Along and Angah, I made the sandwich this morning:)
Why not do something nice and shock your siblings?:)
1 comment:
MAKE MOAR NEX TYM THX
Post a Comment