Saturday, January 16, 2010

Green House:)

CUCMS Sports Carnival was set today and so was the planned Smile Train Speech at MIM KL.

This was my approach-approach conflict. When there are two situations which are appealing and this causes you stress because you're unable to choose which
. Another example: you have a choice between Guilian chocolate and Crunchie and obviously you couldn't choose which- I mean how can anyone choose between the two?

Anyway, I really wanted to go to the Sports Carnival. I was practically rolling my head on the table trying to choose between the two. I guess last year I didn't really feel it because I wasn't that much involved. But this year I could feel the energy and excitement because i was VERY much more involved- what with being the co-captain working alongside and extremely dedicated captain.

Aki said that I should go for the speech because the Smile Train NEEDS me and this is my very own personal project and that the other committee could handle it. Zahid said that the Green Team needs me because as a leader I should be dedicated to my house. Needless to say, I was torn in two.

In the end, I chose the Smile Train speech because it was more crucial. So I dedicated myself for the week before the carnival to do as much as I can for Green House. I helped draw the banner and flag and we together as a team painted it. We also worked on the mascot gladiator outfit all within that week. I guess that contributed to added stress what with microbiology. So even if I couldn't make it, my 'spirit' was with each and every Green House Member- because of their tshirts.

I've been wearing Green the whole day...

Green House won for best mascot. I didn't know there was even a category for it. But it's all because of the captain, Oh Soon Keon. By Wednesday, I was already so stressed out with microbiology assignments and that I hadn't prepared for my MIM Speech yet- so I told Soon that I couldn't do the Gladiator costume. I knew that if I did do it, it would take long because I would not settle for anything less and it just HAD to be something really awesome. Costumes would be THE MOST difficult to make because people either laugh at you or love it. Soon kept quiet for a while and bargained: "Alia, you just tell us w
hat to do." How could I say no to that?

So we DID end up doing the costume (I've yet to see pictures of our gladiator on the field) and I was worrying all the way about my speech. I'm glad that we've got really committed members from the green house so it was really easy because people were cooperative:)

Soon Keon messaged me after the carnival and broke the news- Green was second place and gold medal for mascot:) So I was really happy since last year Green was fourth. I think we've done really well this year and I'm especially proud because we even had green house lecturers replying emails and raising our spirits:D

Green Gladiators, I'm so proud of each and every one of you!:) Let's work harder next year!
GO GREEN HOUSE!XD

No comments: