My family attended the MIM Toastmasters Humorous and Evaluation Speech (HES) competition just to support Ahmad who was competing in both contests. In the end, just before the evaluation speech contest, there was a shortage of contestants and Grace approached me to join; of which i instantly declined as I've never done an evaluation before. Imagine doing your first ever evaluation in an Evaluation Contest itself! So I immediately say: how about my mom? So they were fairly satisfied and got her in. After a few minutes, Chong Beng (one of the contestants) approached ME and asked "Alia, why don't you join?" and again, i justified I have no experience whatsoever but when I looked questioningly at my dad; all he said was "Go for it!" And that's how i ended up signing on the dotted line exactly 2 seconds before the event began.
Listened to the 7 minute speech. It was all thanks to my dad who gave me the guidelines of A B C D: Attention, body, conclusion and Delivery. Thus, I was able to elaborate from there. Got quarantined for 5 minutes to wrap up our notes. And then 15 minutes to wait since there were 5 other contestants since I was the final speaker. After the contest though, I ended up crying. Not because of disappointment- but perhaps due to being overwhelmed. It was all kind of sudden and I couldn't hold it in. But many people came up to me, congratulating and saying that it was such a fantastic evaluation- what more it being my first ever evaluation. All for the experience.
Results: Ahmad won 1st place for Humorous Speech, and 2nd place for Evaluation Contest (he entered for both). And my mom won 3rd place for evaluation speech contest. Oh yes, I am so very proud of both of them:)
For this weekend, we went back to our Auntie's house to visit our grandmother. Nothing much to say except with pictures:)
My weekend summarized.
3 comments:
I honestly think you have a huge potential in this field. Youngest TM champ may come sooner than expected=)
thanks! That is an honestly huge compliment given and it is very very much warmly received. I am honoured:)
you are drawing landscapes!=D
Post a Comment