Thursday, July 16, 2009

sharpies!

Apparently I am getting subtle hints on my chatbox on the right about my lack of updates. Is it my personal updates people want or just the fact that I'm writing about some random things? It's not that I do not want to write more- eventhough I'm on my laptop a lot of the times, but it's just that I have been doing other things.

So here goes for this week:
  1. Attended Suhaib Webb's talk on Sunday and Tuesday; ie The Prophet in my iPod and Revenge of the Fallen: Facing the Deception. Apart from the unexpectedly engaging and riveting talkby Imam Suhiab, MashaAllah for the first time ever in my life, I witnessed a person reverting to Islam. It was so beautiful. After she said the Syahadah, women started hugging her and I could not help but cry. It was a sight to behold.The sisters all hugging and welcoming her into our big family.
  2. Nurun and Anas went back home on Monday night:( Well, pictures can all be found on facebook. But it was really awesome having you guys around:) Next time we meet, Anas will probably be engaged already! Haha. Can't wait to know how Nurun will be like by then *hint hint*
  3. We held the Toastmasters Demonstration Meeting last night at Intelligent Speakers. Alhamdulillah, it went on successfully, thanks to the team of experienced speakers as well as our team of EXCO:)and a forced thank you to the self-proclaimed pwnage president.
  4. Aaand, I got sharpies:)

Upcoming plans:
  • Invocation for MIM Toastmasters
  • Attend SIFE National Competition (be a supporter/fan)
  • Prepare for Ramadhan, MBBS, NPC
  • complete comics and badges for Semarak Ramadhan
  • try out my superawesome new sharpies:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG ur schedule is so packed. how do u feel when u occupy ur time mostly for the society or org? how didja bcm so passionate in volunteering?

Alia Nadhirah said...

1. Fulfilled and fantastic!

2. Because the idle mind is the devil's workshop.

:)