Saturday, October 11, 2008

I am loved:)

It may sound conceited to say that as a title but after completing two scrapbooks of memories, it's how I feel. I am so happy because up to date, I've been able to finish these two books and there are still other materials which I need ANOTHER folder to fill up with:) It's absolutely heart warming to look through them all. Sometimes it's difficult to paste them all in, having to glue or cellotape them or cut them to size. but it's really worth it once i've filled everything up. Sometimes I feel like it's such a task and "when will i ever finish this?" when i first started. But i didn't have to worry at all because it really filled up fast!

I keep tidbits, even chocolate wrappers when I get them under such a special occasion. I treasure small scribbled notes of "thanks" or "sorry". I paste in receipts of memorable moments, usually when it's with someone. I stick in cards i got for raya, for my birthday...

Most of them are paper material. I dont usually stick in photos because they are such a hassle to print out and cost much.

There are letters from my mom because she writes occasionally (she is my first penpal anyways). There's a letter from my dad which i've been nagging him to write and which he finally gave me after i persisted that I really want one for my graduation. There's abundant of letters from the elf. I think i've said this before but it's still so funny when I think about it. There were so many even though we sat next to each other in class for the few months she stayed in Msia; and she still posts letters even after she went abroad. There are also uncountable letters from Aki. with the korean writings and all the merepek kerepeks she writes; which i love:)


Nunu's poems are in there too; even the ones she wrote on exercise book paper, and lyrics she penned down on a ripped paper.. There are chitchats with iman, the one we used to write when we were in lower secondary; lots of them starting with "are u mad at me, iman?". hihi.

There are many drawings from Kausar, all of them beautifully drawn and meticulously made. Owh, also many drawings from Siraj and origamis he made. There are small notes from Fuddy with the "caaliya is so busuk" and from yaya. There's my driving license mark - showing that i passed.. Wishes for my exams and my future undertakings... My first ever official paycheck in black and white... There's that section where there are letter saying happy birthday because that year I requested for a letter for my birthday:P

There are a few printed emails; among them from my primary school principal. Hellos from Nina, all the way from Germany. There are Nurun's letters from Brunei. Eventhough i get them very rarely, the envelope comes in a bundle because when she writes, there are at least 4 pages in there. There are a few letters though which are heartbreaking. Some saying that i've changed, some which made me cry so much when i read them. But it still makes me smile now:)
I know emails are much faster and many can be sent at a time. But snail mail and handwritten notes/letters/scribbles (as i've mentioned before in a previous post) are always the best.

Make me happy. Write me a letter. Or scribble a small note. Even better, buy me a chocolate. Anything:) and it'll be pasted in my special super awesome scrapbook.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I penned lyrics on ripped paper?

Aieee

Aneesah said...

Wow. That is soooo freaking rajin of you, and so rewarding to have TWO huge scrapbooks done, I can imagine! :D I used to collect stuff too, but never did anything with them, so the habit has mostly died (still collect receipts, though! xD Interesting to see just how much paper/trees one uses up from receipts).

Maybe one day when I'm retired/old/have a lot of free time I'll paste and arrange letters and everything so nicely like that. ^^ Then I'll spend more hours of my free time flipping through the pages...

And, you do eat a lot of chocolates. =O

Alia Nadhirah said...

nunu, yeah u do:P i have proof. hehe

aneesah is alive!:D

wakakaka i open it once in a while. And it is soo not THAT rajin. I just do some at a time. Ckit2 lame2 jadi a complete scrapbook!:)

Anways, today i meet one of your brothers at kaknela's wedding and asked "is aneesah here?" and he said "Shes in UK". And im like "ooowh". LolXD i din know. haha

Aneesah said...

Haha, yeah, only Suhaib went to the wedding. (How I wish I could be there, though! =< ) And yes, I am now so far away from Bolehland, booo. Only gonna be back next summer probably...


Keep up with the scrapbooking. :) I have to make a collage for an assignment (due on Monday morning, heheh >_> ) and I really really wish I had more stuff to work with. Like fabrics and recycled items and things. =_= Going off to some charity shops tomorrow to see if I can hunt for cheap goodies.

Iman. said...

i do read your blog. and it's unfair for you to say that i don't because i do.

so there.

Anonymous said...

=/ 2 full scrapbooks.....wooooo...hebat o.O

~XXI~

Anonymous said...

i agreee with XXI..
where do u get the time? lol

Anonymous said...

i js noticed...there is a name "Ahmad Salahuddin" at ur pic above.. ur brother?

Anonymous said...

wat happentime and date u always put at the end of ur posts??

::phoenixnoir:: said...

Evidence that Nurul sucked before?

Shoot....

DESTROY EVIDENCE. I REPEAT. DESTROY EVIDENCE!

Alia Nadhirah said...

does it matter if i put the date and time?:P I guess it doesnt matter anymore so I just leave it as it is Hehehe.

Ahmad salahuddin is a super cool computer graphics-er and can work awesomely well with Flash MX and other computer related stuff. He's a good friend of mine:) and my brother lol.

Nunu, no worries, it's so incredibly sweet^^ you will laugh when u read it:) and i will laugh at u. hehehe. Write me more letters please!26th nov is coming up:P

Anonymous said...

i dunno..u used to be so particular w it :P
how do "I" send it if I dnt knw ur address???
so...all ur brother starts with Ahmad and then with an "S" (Ahmad S...)??

fathin. said...

where did u put the paper i gv u last year?
still hv it?
is it in ur special super awesome scrapbook?
is it,is it???


hahaha lol :D

Anonymous said...

definitely iL write you something. hehe. now u're someone who becomes my fav sister in the list. i dont have any sister. and i adore you very much. seriously ! hihi :) semoga berjaya kak alia and make muslimahs proud of you ! :)