I am super happy!:D
I got a new sketchbook!:) I cannot begin to describe the intensifying happiness of getting a new sketchbook. After finishing my other sketchbook, I had to draw on scraps of paper... And they were all over my desk and when I don't like to see my desk all messy, I would stuff em all in my drawer. Ahaha.
Pure.. CLean... White... sketch paper... I'm so happy; I can say that over and over again. Ahahaha. THank you for getting me the sketchbook!:D You know who you are. Lol. I know it doesn't really spread the joy and everything.. But whatever. it's MY joy and happiness!:D AHahaha.
On a different note, I was having lunch with ahmad and my parents yesterday and when the lady asked me what I wanted for a drink, I asked for "Fresh mango juice." And she was like:
"Mango?"
and I was like... "Uhh... Manggis? No2.. Pelam? *TUrns to ahmad* WHat's mango in malay?"
Ahmad, "Pelam is plum. Mango is MANGGA."
Lol. Anyways, when I asked my parents, my mom was like it's not pelam (and pelam is NOT plum either). What I was actually trying to recall was mempelam. Which is also manggo. But the old word for it. I can't believe I forgot that it's called mangga. But my grandma always refers to it as mempelam, NOT mangga. So I got so used to it... THat's why I've always known that it is mempelam. I bet aki is laughing her head off when she reads this...
Also once, when we were having lunch elsewhere, I said to the guy behind the counter, "Nak papaya." and the guy was like huh? And I was like... Uhh uhh b-betik!X| The guy was practically holding it in to not laugh and safi was guffawing all the way. He even makes fun of me now..-_-"
Owh, I have 3 more classes before I stop working at Little Olive; my working place. Lol. When I told my students I was leaving, they were like, "WHY???:O" And I said because I have to study and I want to become a doctor. And they asked, "How old are u, teacher alia?" And I asked how old do u think i am?
"Twenty".
Two of my students chorused that age. Lol. So I told them my real age and they were utterly shocked. Ahahaha. And they said, "You're not a teacher then. You're just a student!" Lol. Yeah2. I'm a young teacher I said. And everytime I attend class, they are still not over the overwhelming fact that I am not above 20. Lol.
~nadhirah
five thirty seven post meridiem
fifteenth may two thousand eight
9 comments:
Yes you're happy we get the idea~! ^^; Now don't you be reluctant to doodle all over those pure white pages, heheh. But... at the same time. Don't membazir. Save trees, save the world! Haha.
Actually what's plum in BM ek... =/ I think it's still plum. Kot. And yeah, people hardly say mempelam here, just maybe kat kampung. Same with semangka (tembikai), old words. =T
I think you've blogged about the papaya/betik incident already. x) I remember! =P :D
You don't look at all above 20, though kids... they probably don't judge age very well. ^^ I think it's great that you're a young teacher, you can relate to your young students better~
wow..i din't know you're that old..
hahaha...who is old now??=p
so happy eh dpt sketchbook? i nak bagi u xnk! hahah
n btw yes. i laughed my head off tadi. mango = PLUM?!?!?! *Dr Haruuuuuuunnnnnnnnn!!!* hahaha :P
oooh Aneesah, u havent seen de 'teacher alia'. De way she dresses, u also wud think shes twenty. Even when she comes to Adni some people would say: "Alia!! you look like your mom!" (n dats even worse!) hahah :P
but anyway, she doesnt look old. Except if she wears her glasses. WowwwWWww! hahaha kidding alia!
but its kinda true tho. :p
hello miss akibare, i LIKE it wen ppl say I look like my mom okies. Because people say that my mom looks super young and not her age at all:P So there.
Fine2, let's see how u like it when I wear long sleeves and slacks everyday. Lol. I mean, cmon la. One day, I'll take a pic of u while u are at college and everyone will see your formal clothes AND u wearing glasses. Lol. That makes YOU look old too:P
aneesah, i think im bad at guessing age too. Once at the driving school i was just having this small talk with this woman infront of me and I asked if she is an spm graduate and she said "uhh I have kids already". Lol. though maybe it would sound complimentary to her since it means that she is young:) hehehe
hahaha. so i'm guess there are many from ADNI who goes "er, what's it in BM?" malays who live in malaysia all their life, yet does not speak malay well. heheh
oh, oh. take it as a compliment when ppl guess an older age NOW (matureness), coz LATER in life, other ppl will ALWAYS guess a younger age. BELIEVE me ^^_
hey! i didnt say looking like ur mum is a bad thing. just dat u look like a MUM! yknow de ones who pick up deir kids at school and all. im sure 1 day (a few years nanti) sum1 wud ask, "alia, dtg amek anak ke?" when actly u're just der to pickup ur brothers. hahahaha :p
Get it? kalau x, xpelah.. lol.
Aqilah, i quote that you said, "Even when she comes to Adni some people would say: "Alia!! you look like your mom!" (n dats even worse!) hahah :P "
everyone can see that i din make that up:P Can just scroll up to your comment and you'll find it:P Whenever you wanna argue with me, i will always win!! Ahahaha.
so dont argue with me:P
kak atiqah, then you must be.. 20?
xD Tikki is 19! Like me! :D
(Kan Tikki? Or did I forget your age? =o)
And Aki, true, I haven't seen Teacher Alia, but I'd say her face doesn't look 20 la. :)
(Alia must be weirded out, how we're talking about how old she looks...)
=X i'm 19!!!!!!!!! oh, i always get the 23-yrs-old.
it's tried and tested by other ppl, so believe me. but even now, some ppl guess that i'm still in high school.
well, actually i CAN imagine alia being 20, in her baju kurung and all. coz i think guessing other ppl's age is seriously dependent on the person's appearance, not just the face
Post a Comment